About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

lappysaurus: More panels, CAPS LOCK and email programs

11.57: The top panel is moving down too quickly when I mouse over it, I think. Run gconf-editor, go to /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0/unhide_delay and set the value to 500 ms instead of the default 100 ms, thank you internet.

12.02: I would like to change the CAPS LOCK button to Ctrl instead, since I never use caps locks. And I always use Ctrl. IMO, caps lock, along with the windows button, is the most useless button. Ever. System -> Preferences -> Keyboard and then "Layout options" and "Ctrl key position", linky.

12.09: Would also like to switch the left Ctrl and Fn key. Does not appear to be as easy, will have to mess with the BIOS. Later. Maybe.

12.14: Installing kolourpaint. Evince is already installed. Removing gnome-games-common.

12.17: GIMP, xpdf and gv is next up. In the meantime, I'll find my rss feeds and subscribe.

12.19: In thunderbird: Edit -> Account Setting -> Account Actions (left bottom) -> Add other account. Gah.

12.24: thunderbird is driving me crazy. It is not a very intuitive program. Checking out evolution. Maybe it is time for a change.

12.27: It looks like a cross between thunderbird and outlook.

12.35: Fetching the messages as we speak. This will take some time. I had some problems with the server settings. Anyways, TLS as outgoing, SSL as ingoing.

12.38: Installing GIMP, xpdf and gv (for postscript files).

12.42: Good, messages have been synchronized successfully. Now I need to find out how to subscribe to rss feeds and importing my google calendar. The last thing could be really nice - thunderbird does not have that functionality. But first...

12.44: Lunch!

No comments:

Blog Archive