About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Subscribing to RSS feeds in Evolution

13.17: Back on. Why isn't Chrome saving my login data on gmail (just the username)?

13.26: Apparently, there is no solution to the problem. Weird, since I've used Chrome on friend's computers before, where the browser did remember the username. And really annoying. Hmm, hope it will change the next time I use it.

13.30: In order to subscribe to RSS feeds you have to install the Evolution RSS Reader Plugin. Stupid, that should definitely be a built in functionality. Installing evolution-rss through synaptics.

13.33: Evolution will not close down, it's indexing messages. Killing it through top.

13.42: How do I make subfolders in my rss subscription? Also, evolution has crashed twice within ten minutes. Not cool.

13.48: Okay, the rss feeds are under the 'On the computer'-folder. And it is not possible to move. That's annoying. I can't even place the gmail inbox on top, grr. Guess I'll have to live with it.

13.53: Aha. Found a way to create subfolders in my rss. Not very intuitive, but okay. Will begin to import my rss feeds manually now.

14.05: It's kinda annoying that Chrome doesn't have the little RSS icon in the address bar. Different pages have their RSS feeds all over the place.

14.31: Aaand done. I have other stuff to do now. Will fix calendar import and netbanking later.

No comments:

Blog Archive