About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Asus Eee pc 901 har arrived!

Yes! My Asus Eee pc 901 arrived today. I've already played around with it quite a lot and configured it. And I forgot to document the changes. So the following is based on my memory.

I bought my eee on eBay from some Irish dude. So the keyboard layout is British/Irish, only more weird because the eee is so small and cramped. Example: Next to the Esc button? A button for ` and ¬. Ran-dom. I'm used to a Danish keyboard, so the whole layout seems jumbled up. That's especially the symbols on the right side of the keyboard. I'm probably typing with half the speed compared to my other laptop.
Since my other laptop is 12.1", I'm used to small lappies. The eee... I don't know. At the moment, I'm using BackSpace a lot. Anyways. In future post, I'll prefix the title with the name of the computer. My main computer - the 12.1" one - is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3205 with a Intel Core Duo 1.86 GHz cpu, 1 GB RAM and 120 GB HD. Nothing fancy. It's about 15 months old. I call it evillan.
The eee is bought used, but there is really not any visible signs. I have named it minilan. Lame, I know.
Efficiency on my computer is very important to me. I generally don't like to fiddle with the touchpad, it's to unprecise and clumsy. Well, my favorite editor is emacs, 'nuff said. I also have very specific things and configurations on my computer so I often get frustrated when I'm using another computer and some feature is missing or some keyboard shortcut hasn't been defined.
That was a bit about me and my computers.

No comments:

Blog Archive