About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ChemSketch 11.0 again

15.41: I can't find ChemSketch 10.0 on acdlabs.com.

15.42: Removing ChemSketch 11.0 again.

15.48: It works now, just like before. Let's see if it still works after I've shut it down.

15.50: Nope. All the start menus pop up (four different!), but I can't get the main program going.

15.53: Installing the DCOM98 thingy again, might be the problem. Huh.

15.54: Now DCOM98 appears on the list of installed software, was not there before. Uninstalling ChemSketch as well.

16.03: In good ol' Windows style, I have to restart. I'll do that... later.

16.06: Saving the .exe file (installer file) in my home dir this time, instead of opening it with CrossOver right away.

16.08: Ah, the ChemSketch folder is still there. I'm "rm -rf"-ing it now. Much better.

16.12: And working. It's stuck at the last bit.

16.14: In the meanwhile: I just finished uploading my home dir to my Dropbox account. It's only 915 MB (!) after I emptied the Trash. Well, before i reinstalled ubuntu I chose not to backup all my Douglas Coupland stuff (jPod - the tv series (it sucked, btw), an audio recording of Microserfs, Everything's gone green and other minor stuff), so I don't really have that much garbage. The Dropbox account offers 2 GB. I was worried that the 20 GB SSD on my Asus Eee PC 901 was to small, does not look like it now.

16.22: Installation of ChemSketch is done. But it is not opening at all, not even the start menus. That sucks.

No comments:

Blog Archive