About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

minilan: Maximizing space in Firefox 3.0

20.18: And I'm at it again. This time around I'm configuring and customizing Firefox 3.0.3. It is basically the same I did with evillan: Installing Tiny Menu and putting the navigation bar, google bar, Menu and Forward/Back button on the same bar. That's really all I need anyway. I primarily use the keyboard for navigation, but when I want to, say, go back 10 pages in Firefox, Alt+Left or BackSpace pressed 10 times become rather cumbersome. I also use Small icons. Other than that, I've just added Flashblock. I removed the Bookmark, Navigation and Status bar. They're taking up my precious space.
I set browser.back in about:config to 0, so pressing BackSpace will make the browser go back in history.

20.30: Just did some minor thing in Edit -> Preferences. Start page is about:blank, typing makes firefox search the page instantly, disabling auto spell-checking, yada yada yada. Personal preferences.

No comments:

Blog Archive