About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

minilan: Installing programs

20.34: Installing thunderbird. I've decided to install the majority of the programs I've installed on evillan on this computer too. I'm only using 7.3 GB of 108.1 GB on evillan! So I should have enough SSD space on minilan as well. I've currently used 2.1 GB.

20.38: Installing emacs22. Installing auctex. Since I've uploaded my entire evillan home dir on Dropbox, I can easily pull down all the necessary config files: in particular my .emacs. And my .mozilla-thunderbird. But not my .mozilla, I like the idea of starting anew.

20.42: My happy little eee, humming away. It definitely takes longer time compared to evillan.

20.47: I'll not install Crossover, Maxima, Marvin Beans (and java to support it) or the Gimp. But I'll probably install Maple and kolourpaint. python? We'll see.

20.52: Installing kolourpaint.

20.55: That's about it for now. One last thing: Ubuntu wants my passwords to be over 6 charaters while I prefer an easily crackable 4 character password. I changed it with "sudo passwd ltp", ltp being my username. Excellent.

No comments:

Blog Archive