About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Monday, September 13, 2010

From thunderbird to evolution to offline gmail... ish

10.35: Getting tired of evolution as well. The address book is very buggy and there's a lot of unneccesarry clicking going on when I use the program. I'm going to try offline gmail instead.

10.36: Just joined the Priority Inbox Beta. I don't get an obscene amount of email, fortunately, but it is still nifty. And I like new and shiny things.

10.38: Okay, so I need to install Google Gears for offline gmail to work. Unfortunately, i get this error message: ""Google Gears" could not be installed because it is not compatible with your Firefox build type (Linux_x86-gcc3). Please contact the author of this item about the problem." Will google a bit.

10.40: Hmm, I'm trying this simple guide, that is, installing xul-ext-gears. Hopefully it will work.

10.41: Crap, it didn't work, I get the same error message. More googling ahoy!

10.44: Hmm. Trying to do this: "Exit Firefox, go into the profile folder, delete extensions.cache, extensions.ini, and extensions.rdf and restart Firefox. It should re-detect all installed extensions and rebuild their paths."

10.47: Just needed to restat firefox, Google Gears is chilling in the Extension section now. Great!

10.51: Installing and syncing.

10.52: While I'm at it, I'll disable Ctrl+q as an exit-button. It's too close to the Ctrl+w (close tab).

10.55: Hmm, do you really need to install the keyconfig add-on? I was thinking about:config would to the trick.

11.01: Sigh. keyconfig it is, then.

11.02: Not compatible with my version of firefox. Argh. Okay, I'll just disable Ctrl+q for my whole system. Stupid, but neccessary. I use Alt+F4 anyways.

11.06: Crtl+q is now "Maximise window". Right.

11.09: Hmm, Offline gmail is not working. Will try to restart browser, and if that's not working, computer.

11.15: Not working after two restarts. And everytime I restart firefox, it says I have installed a new add-on (gears). Confuzzled?

11.19: Later. Too tired to do this right now.

No comments:

Blog Archive