About Me

Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing random stuff on my computers and documenting it for future use. Probably not interesting to anybody but meee. lappysaurus: HP Elitebook 2530P. minilan: ASUS Eee PC 901. evillan: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PRO V3205. mobillan: HTC Hero.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Installing CrossOver Linux pro and Dropbox

10.28: One of the goals in CodeWeaver's Great American Lame Duck Presidential Challenge was reached, and there was free (as in beer) software for the people. I just installed the CrossOver Linux Pro. I hope ChemSketch works on this platform. Ater all, CodeWeaver is sponsoring wine so I don't hope it'll work as bad as wine does with ChemSketch. Anyways, " gksudo sh install-crossover-pro-7.1.0.sh" and a graphical interface pops up.

10.34: Dropbox is really cool. When I get my Eee, I definitely want to be able to access documents and files on the other computers. Also very useful in general, and it is not such a hassle as setting up my own server. Because that would be overkill anyway. I " sudo dpkg -i nautilus-dropbox_0.5.0-1_i386_ubuntu_8.10.deb" and added
"deb http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://linux.getdropbox.com/ubuntu intrepid main" to /etc/apt/sources.list.

10.47: The rest is just a very nice graphical interface. And done.

No comments:

Blog Archive